Skip to main content

Thankfulness

Justin started his new job this week which means my nights will be consistently more lonely; however, I'm grateful for a hard-working husband.  At the end of May Justin was told that his company was down-sizing and after six years of employment, June 2012 would be his last month on payroll.  That's a big pill to digest with Baby #1 on the way, but neither of us felt terrified or anxious about the situation.  We knew that we had been wise with our money and that this wasn't the worst possible scenario.  I also knew that Justin was out of a job, but he wouldn't be out of work.  He is a wonderful provider.  For a few weeks he hit the pavement hard looking for another job.  When he wasn't looking for a job he working at home doing chores around our house - such a blessing.  We typically have a pretty equal amount of house chores.  We try to do the chores that the other person dislikes.  I hate cleaning bathrooms, so that has always been one of Justin's duties.  Justin isn't such a big fan of cleaning the floors, so I try to take care of that.  Give and take has worked quite well.  For about 4 weeks straight, I didn't do any chores at all.  I felt like I was in the lap of luxury.  Now that Justin has a job again I expect that it's time to put my apron back on and get out the duster.  Gladly.  I am so proud of Via's daddy.  He works hard to take care of us whether that means cleaning the house or working nights at the Branson Rec Plex.

In other news, there are some pretty great job opportunities coming up at work.  Justin and I are praying that I will get a job in Minneapolis/St. Paul soon.  It seems like it is close to being a reality, and I know that God will shut the door if He has another plan for us.  I'm thankful that I can rest in that.  My heart is full and I am thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

Our Creator is not a Careless Mechanic

On Friday, November 2, Justin and I headed to our 41 week and 1 day checkup.  I had been having consistently inconsistent contractions for days, but.......Still.No.Baby.  My doctor wanted to monitor me and Via for half an hour and was looking for us to score 10 out of 10 points.  After half an hour of monitoring us she only found 6 points - also my blood pressure was much higher than it had been during the rest of my pregnancy.  Justin and I listened as she explained that the placenta may not be doing the best job for the baby anymore.  She looked at me and said, "If you were the type of mom that was planning to have an epidural, then I'd say let's go to the hospital, put you on pitocin, and have this baby."  She went on to say that since we favored a drug-free approach we had two options: 1.  Go to the hospital and be monitored for 24 hours to see if we could make up the 4 points we were missing.  If all looked good, then we could go ...