Skip to main content

Long time, no blog.

Once again I've gone too long without blogging.  This time I have no excuse.  I have the time, but I have apparently lacked the motivation.  Let's see if I can't get back into my Sunday night blogging habit.  I just love having a weekly record of Mederich life.  In looking at past posts I get pretty teary when I remember how teeny tiny Via used to be.  Sheesh.

Via will be 6 months this Friday.  She can sit on her own and loves to eat solids.  Her vocal antics constantly crack up me and her daddy.  She has quite the range, I only hope that she has my ear for music and her daddy's tempo.

We are pretty settled in our new Oakdale home.  Now that we are homeowners the list of projects is almost as long as our "Household Wants List."  I will try to focus this coming Sunday's post on our house and include some pictures.

Here are just a few pics from the last two months.

Reading a book during our nightly routine of "Nekkid Baby Time."

FedEx baby represented her mama well for the March of Dimes.

We've come a long way in the sleep category.  Baby girl can now fall asleep on her own, unswaddled, and usually only wakes up once or twice a night.  This is a huge improvement from us spending no less than 15 minutes trying to get her to sleep all the time and having her wake up every 2-3 hours at night.  In fact last night she slept all the way to 5:00 a.m. and I'm the one who woke her up to feed her because my chest was killing me.  Thankfully she went right back down and slept until her normal wake time of 6:30!

As mentioned above, this little baby likes to eat.  We have her 6 month check up next week and I can't wait to find out how much she's grown!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

A Hope and a Plan

Every single blog seems to start the same way.....it's been too long.  A lot has happened in  less than a month. The biggest news, is that Via is going to be a big sister. Our due date is May 12, 2014, and we couldn't be happier. This news has caused us to take a step back and count our blessings as we plan for a new and different future. Among our many blessings, a few that we count daily are as follows: Justin's ability to stay home with our little girl. The flexibility of my job. Our church family, and the friendships that are growing on that front. Via is a happy, healthy, growing girl. Living in a home we love that is not 10 hours away from most of our family. The freedom to enjoy nightly family devotions. As we think about the changes that will come with having two kids, we are praying about a few things: That Justin will be able to find a good job in a field that he loves - either ministry or non-profit. Continued health in both our children. Wis...