Skip to main content

April Showers Bring May....birthdays!

It's April 10 and little Soren is due on May 12.  I absolutely cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone compared to my last one.  Justin and I were so very prepared for Via's arrival by the time I was full term at 37 weeks.  I will be 36 weeks along with Soren on Monday and I don't even feel remotely prepared.  I guess the nice thing about it being Baby #2 is that we already know that we really just need diapers and a crib.  We have both!  We should be good to go until this little guy is at least four months old.  :)

Yesterday we toured Woodwinds where I will be giving birth.  It seems very nice and accommodating.  We got to see the waterbirth suite and everything.  Praying that we have a smooth labor and delivery and that Soren is just as healthy as can be.

Everyone keeps telling me that parenting really begins when you have two children.  I suppose there is probably some truth to that.  I don't by any means expect that life will become any easier when we bring our newborn home to our 18-month old.  Even though life will certainly get harder with two, I'm terribly excited to have 12 weeks off during summer with my two little kiddos.  We didn't exactly plan for this pregnancy, but we didn't not plan for it either (if you know what I'm saying...).  If we could have planned though, this is pretty much perfect.  After what seemed like the longest winter ever, I will have the summer off to go on lots of walks and clean up lots of messes and sing lots of toddler tunes and just be a momma. 

I might have the summer off, but Justin will be busier than ever.  One of our new adventures is that Justin has been given the opportunity to serve at Osceola Community Church and pioneer a 12 week Saturday night service for the duration of the summer.  He will be under the leadership of his Dad.  Justin will preach Saturday nights, and Larry will preach Sunday mornings.  I'm already incredibly proud of the work that Justin has put into this undertaking, and I can't wait to see him in action as he executes the teaching gift that God has given him.

I'm going to try really hard to blog one more time before this baby is born.  Someone hold me accountable!  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

Our Creator is not a Careless Mechanic

On Friday, November 2, Justin and I headed to our 41 week and 1 day checkup.  I had been having consistently inconsistent contractions for days, but.......Still.No.Baby.  My doctor wanted to monitor me and Via for half an hour and was looking for us to score 10 out of 10 points.  After half an hour of monitoring us she only found 6 points - also my blood pressure was much higher than it had been during the rest of my pregnancy.  Justin and I listened as she explained that the placenta may not be doing the best job for the baby anymore.  She looked at me and said, "If you were the type of mom that was planning to have an epidural, then I'd say let's go to the hospital, put you on pitocin, and have this baby."  She went on to say that since we favored a drug-free approach we had two options: 1.  Go to the hospital and be monitored for 24 hours to see if we could make up the 4 points we were missing.  If all looked good, then we could go ...