Skip to main content

#ViaGirl

ViaGirl is 22 months old today.  I'm psyched out of my mind that we are only two months away from her 2nd birthday, because that means I can officially go into party planning mode.  Woop woop!

Via has become so great at independent play lately.  It blows my mind the things that she can keep herself busy with.  It seems like her favorite toy of the moment is her baby that she has affectionately dubbed "Baby Ila" after her little cousin.  I think it's pretty cute that she prefers to take care of a little girl since she already has a little brother.  Speaking of baby boys and girls, we are learning a bit about gender and it's funny to ask her if someone is a boy or a girl because we are never sure if she is going to get it right or not. 

This morning while I was getting ready for work in the bathroom I could hear Via in her crib singing the ABC's, Ba Ba Black Sheep, and Holy Holy Holy.  She loves to sing and has quite the repertoire.  Justin and I are always hopeful that our kids receive only our best qualities.  In this case, we want her to get Justin's tempo and my pitch.

We were recently at the doctor to have a rash checked out and she weighed in at 29 pounds.  Big girl!  She has an immense love for oatmeal and would eat it for every meal if we let her.  We try to always give her a variety of foods and sometimes she surprises us by actually eating her broccoli.

Last time I updated about Via I talked about having cut out all media.  We've continued with this trend, and I have to say we are still seeing improvement in her behaviour.  It has made me step back and look at how much time I spend dinking around on my phone and wonder how much more emotionally healthy I might be if I simply engage with my surroundings rather than the world wide web. 

#ViaGirl reading to #BrotherSoren
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

Our Creator is not a Careless Mechanic

On Friday, November 2, Justin and I headed to our 41 week and 1 day checkup.  I had been having consistently inconsistent contractions for days, but.......Still.No.Baby.  My doctor wanted to monitor me and Via for half an hour and was looking for us to score 10 out of 10 points.  After half an hour of monitoring us she only found 6 points - also my blood pressure was much higher than it had been during the rest of my pregnancy.  Justin and I listened as she explained that the placenta may not be doing the best job for the baby anymore.  She looked at me and said, "If you were the type of mom that was planning to have an epidural, then I'd say let's go to the hospital, put you on pitocin, and have this baby."  She went on to say that since we favored a drug-free approach we had two options: 1.  Go to the hospital and be monitored for 24 hours to see if we could make up the 4 points we were missing.  If all looked good, then we could go ...