Skip to main content

Halfway to One

**Posting this late, because the pictures and I weren't getting along on the day I actually blogged.**

November 24
As of the 21st Soren Fisk Mederich is officially halfway to one.  Unreal.  Justin took him to his 6 month checkup today and our Little Man grew a whole bunch in the last two months.  His current stats:

27 inches - 68th percentile
19 lbs 6 oz - 79th percentile
18.5 inch head circumfrence - 99th percentile

Yes.  He has a huge dome.  :)

Eating:
I've still been pumping 4 times a day so Soren gets a mix of breastmilk and formule.  He gets a bottle 5 times during the day and I've been breastfeeding him once at night.  We do solids for sure once a day and sometimes twice. 

Sleeping:
Soren goes to sleep between 7:30 and 8.  He wakes up between 3 and 5 and I feed him back to sleep and then he gets up for the day between 6 and 7.  Our pediatrician said that he doesn't need night feedings any more, so we will work on weaning him of the early morning feeding.  When we decided to wean Via from nighttime feedings she made it really easy on us.  Justin and I had made this big elaborate plan of how we would handle her nighttime wakeup, and when we decided to implement the plan is the same night she started sleeping through the night.  Somehow I doubt we'll be as lucky this time around. 

What's new:
Soren is super roll-y.  The other day I put him down to do tummy time in his room and I ran downstairs to flip the laundry.  I came back and he was gone!!  I found him in the closet.  No joke.  So now we are once again at the place where there is no safe place in the house.  Super!  Soren loves bathtime and has learned that he can splash.  He gets super talkative in the bathtime and blows lots of raspberries.  We still are not very scheduled which has it's pros and cons.  We start the day at 7:00 a.m. and start to wind down at 7:00 p.m., but whatever happens in the middle can vary a bit.

The pics:  I really need to up my picture taking with the kiddos....

My favorite Guys

 
Selfie.  We can't help it.
 
Such a sweet little man.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

She has a face!

It's hard to even know where to begin.  We have been out of town the last two Sundays, so I have not blogged in quite some time.  A lot has happened in the last few weeks.  First of all, we had a splendid time in Jamaica.  We arrived in Montego Bay at about 11 a.m. on Friday, August 31, and we were at the resort, in our suits, and on the beach by 1:00 p.m.  The hotel staff was so accommodating, and everybody seemed to give us preferential treatment due to my big baby belly.  All the guys on staff at the resort would say to Justin, "Much respect, mon!"  Being there and being pregnant was a pretty unique experience.  On Saturday we attended Jack and Stephanie's wedding and reception.  The wedding was beautiful and the reception was mega fun.  Here are a few pics. Waiting for the bride.   Sunset on the beach.   Reception on the boat.   Love this guy and this boat.  So fun!    ...