Skip to main content

Flo-rida Vacation

This post is going to be mostly pictures.  We spent time in Florida from April 17-24 and it was awesome.  So nice to be away and be together without the pressures of work, house projects, social commitments, etc.  At the end of our time I wasn't even ready to come home, but now that we are here I'm glad.  We rented a cute little 3 bedroom house in Port St. Lucie and it was so nice to be able to put the kids to bed in their own rooms.  Soren was sick at the beginning and didn't sleep awesome for the first two and a half days, but then his cough seemed to subside and we were good to go. Holler! After all, it's nice to get some rest on vacation.

Justin's grandparents live in nearby Fort Pierce and we saw them everyday.  They were very generous and insisted on spoiling the great grand-babies.  When we showed up at their house on Saturday they had a few brand new toys just waiting to be tampered with.  Via and Soren loved being at their house and enjoyed playing on the soft cushy carpet.

Other than spending time with his grandparents we went to the beach almost every day and did some other activities as well.

Friday, April 17 - On the plane!

Saturday, April 18 - Dinner at George and Sylvia's favorite restaurant.

 Saturday, April 18 - the whole group!

Sunday, April 19 - Mass with George and Sylvia.

 Such a beautiful church.

 Sunday, April 19 - Post church lunch at a BBQ joint.

 The two Sylvia's.

Sunday, April 19 - First trip to the beach.

Monday, April 20 - Daddy's 30th birthday and we're headed back to the beach.

Monday, April 20 - Daddy's 30th birthday family selfie.

Monday, April 20 - Birthday dinner at George and Sylvia's house.

Monday, April 20 - Happy Birthday, Justin!

Monday, April 20 - Make a wish!


 Tuesday, April 21 - Playtime at the mall.

 Tuesday, April 21 - The kids loved this indoor play area.  We came back one other day.

Tuesday, April 21 - Back to the beach.  Delicious.

Wednesday, April 22 - Treasure Coast Children's Museum.  Via playing dress-up.

 Wednesday, April 22 - I'll never let go, Jack.

Wednesday, April 22 - playing on the ship at the museum.

Wednesday, April 22 - St. Lucie Met's baseball game.

Wednesday, April 22 - game day selfie.

Thursday, April 23 - last day on the beach.

Thursday, April 23 - Via LOVED the beach.  At meals on vacation she would pray that we would go to the beach, "again and again and again."  My kind of beach babe.

Thursday, April 23 - afternoon trip to Sailfish Brewery in Fort Pierce.  Justin and I both loved the cherry vanilla coffee porter.  So delish.

Thursday, April 23 - saying goodbye to Grandpa George and Grandma Sylvia.


In other news Soren has started taking steps.  Sometimes he does better than others, but I can definitely see his determination growing, and I know we will have a full on walker very soon.  









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

A Hope and a Plan

Every single blog seems to start the same way.....it's been too long.  A lot has happened in  less than a month. The biggest news, is that Via is going to be a big sister. Our due date is May 12, 2014, and we couldn't be happier. This news has caused us to take a step back and count our blessings as we plan for a new and different future. Among our many blessings, a few that we count daily are as follows: Justin's ability to stay home with our little girl. The flexibility of my job. Our church family, and the friendships that are growing on that front. Via is a happy, healthy, growing girl. Living in a home we love that is not 10 hours away from most of our family. The freedom to enjoy nightly family devotions. As we think about the changes that will come with having two kids, we are praying about a few things: That Justin will be able to find a good job in a field that he loves - either ministry or non-profit. Continued health in both our children. Wis...