Skip to main content

Preparing A Place

This week I have been working on the nursery.  I really should have taken a "before" picture to contrast with the "afters."  For a few months the room was basically a catchall for all things baby.  No order to anything at all.  After being totally blessed at three different showers, Justin and I went out and bought the rest of the stuff we need to have a baby.  Now that we had all the stuff, it was time to get it together.  My favorite part!

As I was preparing the nursery this week I kept thinking about Jesus' words in John 14:2, "I go to prepare a place for you."  Even though Via will only be in her Branson nursery for a very short time, it's important to me to have a place for her - to have a functional space where we are equipped to care for her needs.  It was so fun for me to do everything.  As I was enjoying arranging furniture, washing cloth diapers, and folding blankets, I couldn't help but wonder what kinds of things Jesus is doing to prepare a place for us, His children.  I hadn't really considered this before, but I bet that He loves getting our eternal homes ready for us.  

I'm pretty anxious about the upcoming changes in our life.  Having a baby, moving, finding a place to live, and starting a new job in a matter of just a few weeks is a lot to juggle.  Again, I am reminded of the same verse, "I go to prepare a place for you."  I don't want to take this verse out of context, because Jesus was clearly referring to our eternal home, but knowing that Jesus cares so much about our eternal home gives me great comfort about our temporary home.  I believe He is preparing a place for us in Minnesota, just as He is preparing a place for us in Heaven.

I'm excited to hopefully own a house some time in the near future.  When we own a house I know I will really enjoy putting together a nursery for Via that is more permanent in nature, but for our time in Branson she won't suffer a bit in her temporary home.


 


Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with some lovely ladies.  We enjoyed some chocolate fondue.  Every time I prepare fondue I have to ask myself why I don't bust out my fondue pot more often.  So delicious!





I have mentioned a couple of times that I want to make a cupcake hat for my little cupcake and this week I made my first attempt.  I think it's pretty cute, but I might try another pattern as well.  Can one really have too many cupcake hats?

 
 
Via is quite an active little baby, but she always stops moving as soon as I point it out to people.  This week I caught a bit of the action on video. 
 

 
Hard to believe we're in the final stretch.  Less than a month until our due date!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

She has a face!

It's hard to even know where to begin.  We have been out of town the last two Sundays, so I have not blogged in quite some time.  A lot has happened in the last few weeks.  First of all, we had a splendid time in Jamaica.  We arrived in Montego Bay at about 11 a.m. on Friday, August 31, and we were at the resort, in our suits, and on the beach by 1:00 p.m.  The hotel staff was so accommodating, and everybody seemed to give us preferential treatment due to my big baby belly.  All the guys on staff at the resort would say to Justin, "Much respect, mon!"  Being there and being pregnant was a pretty unique experience.  On Saturday we attended Jack and Stephanie's wedding and reception.  The wedding was beautiful and the reception was mega fun.  Here are a few pics. Waiting for the bride.   Sunset on the beach.   Reception on the boat.   Love this guy and this boat.  So fun!    ...