Skip to main content

2 Years and 4 Month

***Posting this late because I had issues with pictures loading properly again.  Written on March 5 and posted on March 16.***

Yesterday Via was 2 years and 4 months old.  She is truly a treat to be around.  She asks so many questions.  She loves to wear dresses.  She closes her eyes so tight when we pray before meals and at bedtime.  Via likes to put things on the table at meal times. She is sometimes mean to her younger brother, but mostly she is a good big sister. 

Physical Milestones:  Via can jump!  She can get both feet off the ground and loves to prove it.  Via is potty-trained!  We are a cloth-diapering family and it's great to be back to only laundering for one baby.

Eating:  3 meals and 2 snacks.  Lots of fruits and veggies, but much like her parents she has a major sweet tooth.  We are all trying to be more self-controlled.  She loves veggies and hummus!

Sleep:  We put the kids to bed by 7:45 p.m. most nights, but sometimes we need to go in to Via at around 8:30 to sing her a song and remind her it's time to go to sleep.  She wakes up between 6 and 7 and takes 1 nap a day.  She isn't feeling well right now so she's been crushing her afternoon nap.  As I type this she has exceeded two hours and is still snoozing. 

Words:  Oh this sweet child is such a funny conversationalist.  She has so many words and is quite interactive.  Sometimes she will be telling us something and then kind of falter off.  She then says, "I don't know what that word is," and then keeps talking.  It's so cute and funny!  She's quite the parrot and Justin and I find ourselves being more and more mindful of the words we speak because we know we will hear our two-year old copying us.

On to the pics.  I snuck in a few more of Little Man as well.  :)


I do a thing where I talk to Via without letting my teeth show.  She can't handle it, but she always loves it.  She says, "Mommy do your silly thing!"
 
 Playing dress up.
 
 I love this lady.

 Getting huge.
 
 Clapping in the kitchen.  Soren loves to get all the pans out and play with them.
 
 Focus.

 
His "determined" face.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

She has a face!

It's hard to even know where to begin.  We have been out of town the last two Sundays, so I have not blogged in quite some time.  A lot has happened in the last few weeks.  First of all, we had a splendid time in Jamaica.  We arrived in Montego Bay at about 11 a.m. on Friday, August 31, and we were at the resort, in our suits, and on the beach by 1:00 p.m.  The hotel staff was so accommodating, and everybody seemed to give us preferential treatment due to my big baby belly.  All the guys on staff at the resort would say to Justin, "Much respect, mon!"  Being there and being pregnant was a pretty unique experience.  On Saturday we attended Jack and Stephanie's wedding and reception.  The wedding was beautiful and the reception was mega fun.  Here are a few pics. Waiting for the bride.   Sunset on the beach.   Reception on the boat.   Love this guy and this boat.  So fun!    ...