Skip to main content

Shame on Me and Baby Number 3

Baby number 3 is due late July/early August and I have yet to do anything more than mention I am pregnant.  I am PREGNANT!

Early on we I decided that since we have a boy and a girl we should not find out the gender of this baby until delivery.  Apparently, these days, that's easier said than done.  At my 20 week ultrasound the tech did a great job of not disclosing the gender.  She did the full check of everything and at the end she said, "Great news!  It looks like a very healthy boy or girl."  Ah bummer.  I was hoping she'd slip.  The doctor said the same thing, "Baby looks great!"  He did have one concern about my placenta though and ordered a follow-up ultrasound to make sure the placenta had moved to a safer place before delivery.

Seriously?!?!?  I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to make it through another ultrasound of not finding out the gender.  Well, that was today, and I successfully didn't ask or see.  Go me!  I also found out that the placenta has moved a lot and my pregnancy is no longer considered "high risk." Great news!

What else did I see today?  The sweetest thing ever.  We were watching baby move around and had a great profile view.  Baby gave the cutest yawn.  I mean so cute that the tech replayed it a couple of times.  We were melting.  It was just adorable.  Can't wait to see those newborn yawns live and in person.  That yawn is actually what prompted me to want to do a little bit of documenting tonight.

I was a blogging machine through Via's pregnancy and newborn days.  Pretty much like clockwork I did a weekly recap.  Then with Soren I was doing good if I did a monthly update.  Now, I'm almost 25 weeks in and have done nada, zip, zilch.  Poor sweet baby.  We really are excited to meet you!  I could have watched that yawn over and over and over again today, because you are real and you are coming, and life is going to change again.  It will likely get more trying.  The hard days will be harder, but the good days will be fuller and brighter because you will be adding your personality to our family and home.  I can't wait to meet you, and I wouldn't mind at all if you decide to be a little more punctual than your older brother and sister in making your entrance to this world.  15 or 16 weeks and counting.





 Baby's knee to nose and foot to forehead.  Baby yoga in the womb.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

She has a face!

It's hard to even know where to begin.  We have been out of town the last two Sundays, so I have not blogged in quite some time.  A lot has happened in the last few weeks.  First of all, we had a splendid time in Jamaica.  We arrived in Montego Bay at about 11 a.m. on Friday, August 31, and we were at the resort, in our suits, and on the beach by 1:00 p.m.  The hotel staff was so accommodating, and everybody seemed to give us preferential treatment due to my big baby belly.  All the guys on staff at the resort would say to Justin, "Much respect, mon!"  Being there and being pregnant was a pretty unique experience.  On Saturday we attended Jack and Stephanie's wedding and reception.  The wedding was beautiful and the reception was mega fun.  Here are a few pics. Waiting for the bride.   Sunset on the beach.   Reception on the boat.   Love this guy and this boat.  So fun!    ...