Skip to main content

Answered Prayer can be Bittersweet.

Last Saturday some of my Branson friends threw a lovely shower.  I believe Adria gets the credit for going with the "About to Pop" theme.  For food they served cake pops (key lime or chocolate, YUM!), jalapeno poppers, popcorn (kettle corn, butter, caramel, and cheese), and pink and orange soda pop.  For party favors there were ring pops, pop rocks, and blow pops.  Everything was terrific, especially the hosts and guests.  There was a point during the shower where everyone went around the room and spoke words of encouragement to me and Justin telling us why we are going to be good parents.  I will always treasure that moment and those kind words, especially when I'm feeling especially defeated.  Another special part of the shower is that every guest filled out a "Dear Via" card.  It was a fill in the blank situation with things like, "I hope you never fear, I hope you love, I hope you inherit, etc."  I can't wait for Via to read these cards someday and know how loved she was before she even entered the world.  Lastly, I can't leave out the game. Adria had put little tiny baby dolls into ice cubes, and she put an ice cube in each of our cold beverages. We weren't allowed to touch the ice cube, but as soon as the little baby was released from the ice you had to shout, "My water popped!" The first person whose water popped was declared the winner. I have to admit, those baby ice cubes were pretty creepy.


Beautiful Adria demonstrating her gift, a moby wrap!  Can't wait to use this.
 
 Adria and Aaron's beautiful baby girl, Ami!  What a lovey!
 
 Don't get too creeped out by the baby doll floating in Chelsea's water. 
 
 "Pajama Time" performed by Janae Bass.
 
Pink and orange soda pop.
 
 The beautiful spread.  I don't have a close up of the dishes, but they were beautiful!
 
Right before we left for our Babymoon vacation I interviewed for yet another job in Minneapolis.  This time I knew exactly when/if I would find out if I got it.  That date was September 21.  I started to feel pretty cruddy this week with a nice little head cold, and I certainly didn't sleep well at all on Thursday night.  In most cases I would have taken a sick day on Friday, but not this week.  I had to go in and refresh my email every 5 seconds to see if I got a job offer.  At about 11:30 a.m. the offer letter came.  Wowweeee!  I definitely started crying at my desk, because this job offer is a long anticipated answer to prayer.  We are moving to Minnesota.  It's so hard to believe.  After calling Branson home for over four years, it really is hard to leave.  We have incredible friends here.  Really, truly, lovely people.  If you don't believe me, check out the pictures and stories above.  At the same time, this is the third time I've interviewed for a position in Minneapolis over the past ten months, so it is something we have been praying about and wanting for quite some time.
 
Timing is a tricky thing, but I'm trusting the Lord for His perfect timing.  We have to be moved to Minnesota by December 1, but before then we need to have a baby.  Yikes!  We also need to find a place to live.  Having a new baby, starting a new job, and moving 700 miles in the course of a few weeks sounds absolutely crazy to me, but I'm excited to see how God directs the timeline and may He alone be glorified in all of this.  On Friday, before I got the offer letter Justin sent me a text that read, "No matter where we are, you're my home and we will glorify Jesus together as a little family."  I couldn't agree more.  This life is about loving God and loving others, and we can do that anywhere.  We will keep doing that in Branson until we move, and we will do that in Minnesota until God leads us somewhere else.
 
Stay tuned for details on the nursery.  That's my project this week.  Four weeks and four days until the due date!

Comments



  1. Justin Mederich likes this..











    Janelle Kick Oh so happy for you & your family. You are blessed &that will carry over to MN & the friendships you've made in Branson will be with you forever!

    September 23 at 8:28am via mobile · Unlike · 1..











    Krystal Fisk That's awesome! Let us know if you need anything... we live in Anoka so we're close to the cities and I'm not going back to work full time, so my days are open :-)

    September 23 at 11:49am via mobile · Unlike · 1..











    Nancy Hanson I know one Grandma to be that must be pretty excited about the news!

    September 23 at 9:52pm via mobile · Like..











    Ginny Wittig Rassier I know Two grandmas!!!

    September 24 at 8:22am · Edited · Like..











    Ginny Wittig Rassier Just read the blog post--goosebumps--God is so good!

    September 24 at 8:21am · Like

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uncle Ryan

This time of year always makes me pretty emotional.  Almost six years ago we unexpectedly lost my brother, Ryan.  Now, all these years later, I still tend to flashback to what life was like right before he passed.  He and I were both students at Century College, and we would always get dinner together on Monday nights because I had a break between my afternoon and evening classes.  Having always gone to a small Christian school, it was so nice to have my big brother show me the ropes.  I always remember Ryan, but this time of year is a different kind of remembering, and it's always something specific that sets off the season.  This morning it happened in church when we sang "Blessed Be Your Name."  I immediately flashed back to Ryan's funeral which of course brought the tears on in no time.  "Wow," I thought, "I can't believe it's already that time of year again."  It didn't take long for me to begin processing the idea that my little V...

Ultrasound pictures

Justin and I were so excited that Jasmine was going to be in town on the day of our 21 week ultrasound and she was able to join us for the appointment.  The hardest part of the appointment was when we had to turn our heads while the doctor looked for Via's gender.  We had Dr. Allison write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so that our friend Adria could take it to the bakery without anybody knowing the gender before the reveal party.  Here are some pictures of Via's ultrasound. Here's her sweet profile. I love her little bum. This one cracks me up because she's Tebowing. Dr. Allison laughed at this one because she has both fists under her chin like she's posing for the picture. She's a pretty fiesty little girl.  Always moving around and getting her exercise.  I'm excited to meet her, and until then, Justin and I are just enjoying this journey.  

She has a face!

It's hard to even know where to begin.  We have been out of town the last two Sundays, so I have not blogged in quite some time.  A lot has happened in the last few weeks.  First of all, we had a splendid time in Jamaica.  We arrived in Montego Bay at about 11 a.m. on Friday, August 31, and we were at the resort, in our suits, and on the beach by 1:00 p.m.  The hotel staff was so accommodating, and everybody seemed to give us preferential treatment due to my big baby belly.  All the guys on staff at the resort would say to Justin, "Much respect, mon!"  Being there and being pregnant was a pretty unique experience.  On Saturday we attended Jack and Stephanie's wedding and reception.  The wedding was beautiful and the reception was mega fun.  Here are a few pics. Waiting for the bride.   Sunset on the beach.   Reception on the boat.   Love this guy and this boat.  So fun!    ...